This website is owned and operated by “Brotherhood Enterprise” ( “JeansFellow”, “we”, “our”, or “us” ) . We respect the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website. This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) describes the privacy practices we follow in connection with this website, including our mobile applications and related consumer services (collectively, the “Services”). It also describes the options you have regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. By using our Services and/or registering as a JeansFellow member, you are accepting the privacy practices described in this Notice and consenting to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described below.
This Notice applies only to information collected by JeansFellow and any related entity of JeansFellow (“Affiliate”) posting this Notice. This Notice does not apply to the privacy practices of our business partners, vendors, co-branded sites, other third parties, or to any services offered through other websites where a different privacy notice is posted. Please consult the privacy information on the sites of third parties with which you may come into contact when using our Services. Their privacy notices, not ours, apply to information that they collect and use.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect about you may include, for example, your name, JeansFellow username and password, postal shipping and billing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, social networking information (such as usernames, handles, and friends lists), information about contacts provided by you or information in your address book, demographic information (such as date of birth, age and gender), photos you send us, payment information (including credit card numbers or online payment services numbers), financial information (such as bank account numbers), products you may select as favorites and share, purchase history and location information (often from the device on which you access the Services). You may also submit additional personal information to us in other ways, such as participating in online surveys, promotions, contests and sweepstakes and other offerings made available through our Services. We may combine information we receive from third parties with the information we receive based on your use of the Services and any other interactions with us.
In addition to the information you submit to us on this website or when using the Services, information regarding your use of and interactions with our Services is collected and/or aggregated by or on behalf of JeansFellow , often through the use of automated means. Such information may include, for example, data that we gather and store about your visit to and use of the Services, such as your IP address and the location of your IP server, device IDs, device type, wi-fi connection information, geo-location data, product search history, type of browser and operating system used, date and time you access the Services, pages you visit, and if you came to the Services from another website, the address of that website.
Cookies and web beacons are sometimes used to collect and track this customer usage information. “Cookies” are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device’s hard drive for the purpose of identifying your browser during interactions on websites or storing information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. We can also use web beacons to tell if you have opened or acted upon emails that we send you.
HOW WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the personal information we collect from our customers for a variety of purposes, including, for example:
- to accomplish ordinary business purposes, such as establishing and managing customer accounts, responding to inquiries, providing requested products and services, processing and collecting payments and providing customer support;
- to provide information about our business and offer our products or services to you and products and services of others that we think you may find of interest;
- to communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other offers or promotions;
- to enable you to interact with JeansFellow and our customers through our message boards, blogs and social media;
- to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services, identifying potential new customers, analyzing the effectiveness of advertising and marketing promotions and other aspects of our Services, and soliciting your feedback through email communications, telephone calls, and/or focus groups;
- to create a profile of you and your interests, so that we may personalize your shopping experience, ads, and the manner in which we interact with you;
- to perform data analyses, including market and consumer research, trend analysis, demographic analysis and financial analysis; and
- to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and to comply with legal information requests, applicable legal requirements and our policies and practices.
We may also use personal information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of collection as may be required by applicable laws, or without notice to you for any legally permissible purpose and subject to applicable laws.
THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
We may include applications from third parties on this website or through our Services, which allow interaction or content sharing by users. Some of these mini-programs provide specific services or content from a third party, such as a Facebook “Share” or “Like” button, and are visible to you when you visit our Services. Your interaction with these programs typically allows the third party to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
Our website and (external/mobile) application use re-targeting technologies. This enables us to show our visitors, who were already interested in our shop and our products, advertisements from us on partner websites. We believe that the display of a personalized, interest-based advertising is more interesting for our customers than advertising that does not have a personal connection. Re-targeting technologies analyze your cookies and display advertisement based on your past surfing behavior.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE
The Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with other people you specify. You may also connect to and share your information on third party social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through “plugins,” widgets, buttons, and other third party features on and connected with our Services. You may also share with JeansFellow contact information of friends and people in your address book so that we can help you invite others to become JeansFellow members or let them know about special offers and help facilitate deliveries. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs and those of others as you choose with whom to connect, what you share with us and others, and what you make public. We cannot control the privacy of information you choose to make public or share with others. We also cannot control and are not responsible for any third party sharing services or their actions including the data that they collect from you and your device or how they use such data. Please review their privacy policies to understand their privacy practices.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share personal information with third parties as described below:
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your personal information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
- Consent. We may share your personal information that directly identifies you with third parties for their own purposes with your consent. For example, you may agree to our sharing your information with our suppliers and partners for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies.
- Service Providers. We may allow third parties under contract with us to access, store, and process your personal information in order to provide services for us.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes/Promotions. In the event that you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion that is sponsored by JeansFellow and a third party, such participation serves as your consent for JeansFellow to share your personal information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the co-sponsoring third party. After the information is provided to such third parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third parties’ privacy policies and practices.
- Other. We may disclose information, including personal information, to: (i) protect or defend the legal rights, interests or property of JeansFellow and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with legal advice, applicable law or legal process. In addition, we may disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or any other transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may share information that does not directly identify you with third parties, including our Affiliates, advertising networks, analytics providers and others who may use the data for any legally permissible purpose and without notice to you unless required by applicable laws.
Our Services are offered on a members-only basis and focus on special deals and product offerings that may only be available for limited times and in limited quantities. In order to access our Services, you must register as a JeansFellow member and provide us with personal information, including your name, email address and JeansFellow password. This information allows us to authenticate your access to the Services and keep you informed in a timely fashion of special deals and product offerings. You can choose not to provide the information needed to register as a JeansFellow member. However, you will not be able to use the Services.
By becoming a member you are requesting that we inform you about limited time and quantity deals and agreeing to receive communications from us, including promotional emails. If you would like to alter the frequency and type of promotional emails you receive from us, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in your user profile here, or by going to our website, and clicking on my account, and then email preferences. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communication emails from us, you may do so by changing your preferences as noted above. Please note that this may affect your ability to access certain products and services, and we may continue to send non-promotional emails such as order confirmations, surveys, and other information about your transactions. If you refer others to us using our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
When you visit our Services, we and others give you the following choices about use of mechanisms for tracking, including tracking of your online activities over time across different websites and online services by third parties. Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser’s setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting or removing their associated cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website, including the Services themselves, may not function properly or remain accessible to you. If you choose to remove cookies, you may remove opt-out cookies that affect your advertising preferences. If you do not wish for us to track emails we send you, some email services allow you to adjust your display to turn off HTML or disable download of images which should effectively disable our email tracking, or you may unsubscribe from our marketing emails as described above. You may opt out of tracking of analytics data by Google Analytics, one of our customer usage analytics providers, by clicking here.
You may opt out of the use of your web usage data by certain advertising networks for purposes of delivering ads tailored to your profile and preferences by clicking here, here (for Pandora), and by using Facebook’s preferences tool. Similarly, you may choose to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks by clicking here (for TapCommerce),here (for Ad-x Tracking), and here (for MobileAppTracking by HasOffers). You may also be able to opt-out of mobile tracking and push notifications for advertising purposes by using the controls that iOS and Android provide on your mobile device.
Please note that opting-out of these advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites. But it will exclude you from targeted, interest-based advertising conducted through these networks and services.
You may choose not to share your precise geolocation information with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings or the settings on our mobile applications. While we and others give you the choices described in this Notice, there are many ways Web browser signals and other similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and we may not be aware of or honor every mechanism.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access and update your account information at any time after signing in to the Services by visiting your Account Profile here. To help us maintain accurate, current and complete information about you, please submit only true, accurate and complete information whenever you provide personal information to us, and promptly update your account whenever it changes. For additional assistance, please contact us in in the manner specified below.
We employ certain administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help reduce the risks of loss, theft and unauthorized access associated with the personal information that is in our possession. Despite these efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this Notice to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the date at the bottom of this Notice. If we use personal information in a manner that is materially different than described in this version of this Notice, we will obtain your consent if required by applicable law.